Intense Startup Mentoring to Deliver Results
This mentoring is aimed at entrepreneurs who are just starting out. Through a series of three sessions each month and email support it is designed to get you moving in the right direction as quickly as possible.
The sessions are 60 – 90 minutes long. The first will be spent understanding your business model and your current position.
Over the next 6 – 9 sessions we will work together using a variety of critical startup tools to ensure that the foundations of your startup are solid.
I am very data focused and much of your work, or homework, during the week will be in generating evidence to support your opinions, claims, beliefs and hypotheses.
With data we can make better decisions and deliver far more in less time.
As part of the mentoring package you get full email and whatsapp support, so any queries and questions you have between sessions just ask. I aim to always answer the same business day, depending on our timezone difference.
This package is idea for someone who has got a good idea of what they want to do and is starting their first startup. Having gone through a number of boot camps and incubators, and taught them as well, the value is the 1:1 coaching and over time the increase knowledge of your business which leads to better and better advice.
The most common framework of a mentoring session is the one laid out below. In this we discuss the result of the previous sprint, then dive into the current problem and then formulate an action plan for the next sprint
Review – The review is normally 10 – 20 minutes. He the entrepreneur is providing feedback on what he did and what the results were. If she’s provided data before the meeting this can be quite quick. The focus then is on what additional actions are required to solve problems or reinforce successes.
Problem Focus – this is the bulk of the meeting and takes 40 – 60 minutes. I will normally have been given one of more questions, plus some information to review. We’ll then have a discussion about what the problems mean, how they can be solved and a variety of different approaches. I will often suggest different approaches leaving the entrepreneur to choose which are going to be the most effective for her.
Action Points – In this final phase of the session, the last 10 – 15 minutes, we’ll agree a list of action points which the entrepreneur will complete and report back on for the next meeting. This means that the meeting ends with a clear sense of purpose
I between sessions there will be emails and whatsapp exchanges to clarify points and to ask advice on technical details
“I love mentoring because it is so satisfying. Time and again I have started work with entrepreneurs who were struggling.
As we solved one problem after another we saw a beautiful business emerge. At the same time I saw amazing changes in the entrepreneur.
Every time I am awed to be part of this process of change and discovery”
- Avoid lots of mistakes
- Focus on what really matters
- Move faster with confidence
- A sounding board for the big decisions
- Someone who gets what you are trying to do
- A time to reflect each week on what you are really trying to achieve
- Ensuring that you remember the big picture as you fight and win tactical battles
- An advisor who cares about what you are trying to do and takes ownership with you
- Being held accountable to your vision and action steps
- Innovative solutions to many of the problems that you face
- Endless suggestions of useful books, articles, case studies and research
- $500 per month
- 3 Sessions / month
- Sessions 60 – 90 minute
- By Video Call or Phone
- Next day email support (normal business hours)
- Sameday whatsapp support (normal business hours)
- Access to my network and introductions where relevant and beneficial to both parties
- Freed 30 page entrepreneurial readiness report customised to you
Organisations I Mentor For
Problems Solved with Mentoring
- No sales leads
- Deciding how and when to pivot
- What the business model was
- Why staff costs were so high
- How to schedule better
- Who we were trying to sell to and why
- Why people kept leaving
- Which were the best marketing channels
- How to approach fundraising
- Assessment of potential co-founder
- Design moats and finding competitive advantage
- Working out the best pricing strategy, and
- How to communicate it to customers, and
- Many many more….
- Monthly Startup Mentoring$500.00