Do you have an idea for a business? Do you need to change the way your business works? You have come to the right place. This short business model canvas course is all about how you design and change your business model. We use the business model canvas developed by Alexander Osterwalder as a place to play with ideas and to figure out what is going to be the best way to turn your idea into reality.
What is a Business Model Canvas
A business model canvas is a tool for planning and managing your business. On a single sheet of paper you can show everything that really matters. If you have too much blank space – there are areas that you haven’t thought enough about. If it is too full you probably need to simplify things. That may mean finding better ways to express yourself. It may mean splitting your business into one or more parts.
The business model canvas helps you to do all this.
If you want to create a great business model canvas you also need to think about far more than what you will actually do. You also need to think about the business models of your competitors. How do you stack up against them? What are the key drivers of your business, the aspects of it that will accelerate your success? What are the parts that slow you down?
This course helps you transform your idea with practical steps.
Download Your Business Model Canvas Template Here
The Business Model Canvas Course
In 9 lessons we walk you through the key components of any startup or small business. We explain how the different parts of a business relate to each other. We show you how you can use these insights for your profit and success. The result is that you will have built a clear business model based on the Business Model Canvas.
These lessons help you cover and understand the key parts of any business
- Customers – The people who have a problem and will pay you to solve it
- Value – the solution that you provide to customers
- Relationships – how you interact with customers
- Distribution – how you distribute your solution to customers
- Activities – what you need to do to create and deliver your solution
- Resources – And what you need in order to make it happen
- Partners – The people who you beg, borrow, rent or buy resources from
- Costs – the cost of providing the solution
- Revenue – and the money you get for providing it.
Using this you will be able to: –
- quickly and clearly explain your business idea
- identify the areas where you will need to spend a lot of effort
- be clear about what value you are offering to customers
- understand your cost basis
- Know where your revenue will come from
- know who you will need to persuade to get it to work without lots of cash
The course will take about 3 hours to go through over a weekend. The videos are quite quick to watch. The thinking that you have to do will be slower. The result is to help you avoid lots of problems and roadblocks.
Who is the Business Model Canvas Course for?
When I recorded this business model canvas course originally we did it for first time entrepreneurs. We did it for people who had an idea but didn’t know what the next step was. With a lot more experience we now know that almost anyone starting, managing or running a business benefits from understanding the business model. The better you understand a company’s business model the easier it is to help it perform. You know what is important and what is not.
So a short list of people who benefit from creating and owning a business model canvas includes
- Founders and Co-Founders
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Board Members
- Early Employees
If you understand the business you can make the business go faster and further.
Enjoy the Free Business Model Canvas Course
You can watch and read all the lessons by clicking on the links below or you can watch them all on my YouTube channel
- Value Propositions
- Marketing & Distribution Channels
- Customer Relationships
- Key Resources
- Key Activities
- Key Partners & Suppliers